CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 14- Fit Happens

Weekend update: A Nacho/Pasta/Cheeseburger Food Orgy. It wasn't good. No weight loss- huge shocker.

Coming off of this weekend I am more inspired than ever to get back on track and push toward my goal. So in doing this, I scheduled a consult with a local trainer, let's call her Kristin. I make my way to the gym amidst the falling snow (seriously, are we in Alaska?), anxious for my consult with a professional to guide me in my fitness goals. And so I arrive, and I wait. And I wait. And I wait. Apparently Kristin has double booked herself and is busy with another consult. I try to brush off my annoyance and put on my happy face when she FINALLY arrives, looking forward to her much needed advice. She greets me in a tone that is less than enthusiastic, and begins taking my stats. This is when I find out how where I stand in the fitness world. As it turns out, I am a lard ass. With 37% body fat, it ain't good folks. Kristin makes sure to tell me this, twice. I begin telling her about my 60-day challenge and she looks at me as if I am growing a third arm out of my forehead, so I just shut my mouth instead and listen to her tell me that vegtables are good, sugar is bad, and to work out 5 days a week. Genius, Kristin, Genius. So to make a long story even longer, my visit with the "professional" was pointless and depressing. I guess the lesson here is, if you're gonna get something done, you gotta do it yourself. So I have decided to plan my fitness training with three days of 45 minutes Cardio and two days of Weight Training and 30 minute Cardio, no thanks to Kristin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn that Kristin.
You're doing great! So you had a bad weekend...take it day by day & treat yourself every once in a while. How can you pass up nachos?! I mean, come on.

nancy said...

absolutely. the key is to take it one day at a time. and dont beat yourself up!
love ya! miss you!